IFS 5 - Grammar Practice - Integrated for Tenses, Subject-Verb Agreement,, Modals and Parts of Speech

English Grammar Test

Instructions: Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word(s) from the given choices.

Note down the Answers in your writing diary with the question number. There are 50 Questions.

(Practice for Tenses, Subject-Verb Agreement, Modal Verbs and Parts of Speech)

1. My brother ________ going to the market. 

a) is b) am c) are d) was

2. She ________ singing a song when I called her. 

a) are b) was c) is d) were

3. He ________ to complete the project by tomorrow. 

a) had b) have c) has d) will

4. We ________ going to the party if we have time. 

a) might b) should c) must d) will (add 'be' if needed)

5. Please pass ________ salt. 

a) a b) an c) the d) no article

6. She is allergic to ________ peanuts. 

a) a b) an c) the d) no article

7. The cat sat ________ the table. a) on b) in c) at d) by

8. Sarah went to the store, ________ she forgot her wallet. 

a) so b) but c) because d) or

9. My dog is very ________. 

a) happy b) happily c) happiness d) happinesses

10. She speaks English ________. 

a) fluently b) fluent c) fluency d) fluentlyly

11. They ________ playing football in the park tomorrow. 

a) are b) will be c) have been d) did

12. The students, along with the teacher, ________ excited about the field trip. 

a) is b) am c) are d) were

13. My cat, as well as the kittens, ________ in the garden. 

a) is b) are c) were d) be

14. He ________ finished his homework before dinner. 

a) already b) is already c) already has d) already did

15. I'll meet you ________ the corner of the street. a) in b) on c) at d) by

16. She likes to drink tea ________ the morning. 

a) at b) on c) in d) during

17. I enjoy playing chess ________ my brother. 

a) with b) by c) on d) to

18. The book is ________ the table. 

a) on b) in c) at d) under

19. I can't eat that cake because it's ________ my diet. 

a) in b) on c) under d) against

20. He was tired, ________ he kept working. 

a) and b) but c) or d) so

21. She ________ reads a book before bedtime. 

a) always b) all c) all the time d) all of

22. The movie was really ________. 

a) good b) well c) nice d) greatly

23. I haven't seen you ________ last week. 

a) for b) since c) in d) at

24. They went to the beach ________ swim and sunbathe. 

a) to b) for c) and d) so

25. I'll come to the party ________ I finish my work. 

a) but b) because c) as soon as d) so

26. Sarah ________ be at the meeting at 3 PM. 

a) may b) should c) will d) must

27. You ________ eat too much candy; it's not good for your teeth. 

a) can b) could c) should d) would (Add negative if needed)

28. John didn't go to work today ________ he was feeling unwell. 

a) so b) and c) because d) but

29. The new employee is  ________ than the previous one. 

a) good b) well c) better d) best

30. This is the ________ cake I've ever tasted. 

a) good b) well c) better d) best

31. She looked at him ________ and said nothing. 

a) angry b) angrily c) angered d) angers

32. I'll meet you ________ the library. 

a) in b) on c) at d) by

33. I like to walk ________ the park in the evening. 

a) in b) on c) at d) to

34. We had to postpone the meeting ________ of the bad weather. 

a) because b) although c) so d) and

35. She's been working here ________ 2010. 

a) for b) since c) in d) at

36. I'm sorry, but I can't go with you ________ I have other plans. 

a) because b) and c) so d) but

37. The teacher asked a question, but no one could answer ________. 

a) them b) it c) him d) her

38. Please pass ________ the sugar to him, he is asking for that. 

a) a b) an c) the d) no article

39. The dog was barking ________ in the middle of the night. 

a) loud b) loudly c) loudlyly d) louder

40. The car was ________ fast that I couldn't catch it. 

a) so b) very c) too d) enough

41. I'll do the laundry ________ after dinner. 

a) before b) soon c) later d) earliest

42. I can't believe how ________ she arrived at the party. 

a) early b) earlier c) earliest d) earliestly

43. The kids are playing ________ the backyard. 

a) at b) on c) in d) with

44. She's really good ________ math. 

a) in b) at c) on d) for

45. I can't go to the movies tonight ________ I have to study. 

a) because b) so c) or d) but

46. We're going on vacation ________ a week. 

a) in b) on c) at d) for

47. Please call me ________ you get the chance. 

a) but b) as soon as c) or d) so

48. I ________ never been to Asia. 

a) am b) have c) has d) are

49. This is ________ interesting book. 

a) the b) an c) a d) no article

50. I cannot meet them ________ the corner of Labzak street, it is too far from my office. 

a) in b) on c) at d) by

Comments